l .:YongKok:.: Short trip to Phuket =)

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Short trip to Phuket =)

Decided to blog for a bit before I start on my revision for the upcoming tests. Hope that I can jot this experience in Thailand down on this short post.

Day 1 - Day 5
Working as safety personnel for a corporate event. It was a good experience though working hours are long. Nonetheless, I have great fun working with such a great crew. Most important of all, I was greeted by the comfortable bed every night at Hilton. 2 memorable experiences: The coral island where we did the sea activity day for them was beautiful. And also, we were at the backstage with the performers from the Famous Simon Cabaret. Some of the ah gua are really beautiful! too bad that they were guys before. haiz.




Day 5
End of program. We downgraded ourselves to a perhaps 3 star hotel (Patong Premier Resort) in Patong? It is cheap, only 72 per night and the standard surpassed my expectations. Pretty decent place. Will definitely recommend to anyone going to Patong, Phuket, Thailand. First thing we did, DINNER and MASSAGE! A cannot-be-missed activity in Thailand. We went for clean one can. We did massage for almost every night. It cost 250 - 500 Baht. around 10 - 20SGD. Quite affordable and they offer good and clean service =). Traditional Thai Massage was a little too much for me, went for oil massage. Threshold for pain not that high as compared to Kenneth, who savours the thrill of pain infliction.




Day 6
Went on a kayaking trip (short 40 minutes sessions). James bond Island was first. I do not understand why that place is a tourist attraction. Island hop to Panak Island and Hong Island for a kayaking session. We bargained with the operator to allow us to kayak alone. After seeing our persistence, the friendly thai operators gave in, warning us that we will bear any damages if there is. Argh!!!! When paddling around Panak through a sea cave, our inflatable kayak scraped the bottom. We got worried as the kayak began to flood as we paddled along. Fortunately, the flooding was due to the faulty valve on the kayak, no damage sustained from the abrasion. =)



Day 7
Went diving at Similan Islands. Woah shiok. When was the last time I dived? in 2002!!! Was apprehensive when I first went in. A lot of what-ifs questions. However, they were erased when I was greeted by the alluring sight deep down. And you hear nothing but your exhalation through your regulator. Cannot wait to dive again! After 2 dives, we concluded our day with dinner back in Patong. Poor Kenneth suffered from reverse blocked due to the diving session, with that lasting for a week. We then decided to give the massage session a miss for the night.



Day 8
Went scooter biking around Phuket. We spent 2 hours roaming around Chalong trying to look for the Jim Thompson Outlet. The roads were a sure maze because we did not understand the signages. After getting our gifts from JT, we decided to head up the hill to visit the Big Buddha our Phuket. While riding up the steep (45 degrees) slope, my bike cannot tahan anymore and gave up on me. It scared the shit out of me and ken. Later did we realise that the bike was powerful enough to climb the slope. While riding up, I somehow had the feeling that we were not welcomed by the temple.

Went to Bangla Road that night. For those who knows what it is, that's great! For those who don't, it is a street filled with night club. Went there and felt nostalgic. Went there in 2005 with Ryan and Raymond. Nothing much; had a drink, went for massage and head back to hotel. Most happening bars were having bar top dancing, which did not appeal to us (are we real man?!?!??!).

Day 9
Packed our bags and head to the Premier Outlets. Though the factory outlets carry many brands, the selection seems limited. Got myself a portable BBQ set (scouting instinct) and some apparels for mel and famil(ies). Rushed to the airport after the purchases. In my attempt to lighten the check-in luggage, I transferred all my barangs barangs into my carry in bag. Argh, leatherman went in as well. I was thinking, shit! there goes my leatherman and mel will kill me! Fortunately, the guard was kind enough to allow me to check in the leatherman with my carry on bag. Phew!

All in all, great trip!

Thanks for the experience guys. Namely, Asian Detours - Nicole, Colin and RX (for conducting the ever-so-fun EFR refresher course), Kenneth and Kian Seng - my travelling companions and Mel - for missing me and praying for my return =)

Check out my facebook for my pictures!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=210853&id=577430201

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home